For New Big Sib Applicants:
Greetings! To start off, the Big Sib Chairs thank you for your interest in applying to the wonderful Big Sib Program for the 2017-2018 school year!
We are looking for current sophomores and juniors who will:
- Demonstrate to the incoming students what a great school Stuy can be.
- Be dedicated, caring, passionate, and enthusiastic individuals who want to help ease the potentially difficult transition to a new school.
- ALWAYS be present at their Little Sibs' homeroom.
- Attend all mandatory annual Big Sib functions such as fairs, dances, open houses, and orientation.
- Listen to and follow the wishes of all faculty that they work with, especially their Little Sibs' homeroom teacher.
- Be respectful to all faculty members, especially their Little Sibs' homeroom teacher, and all parents of their Little Sibs.
Big Sibs are expected to maintain a minimum of an 88 average, and not have a consistent pattern of lateness and/or cuts. In addition, applicants should have no serious, recent record of academic or disciplinary infractions.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
At this link, you can fill out the application. If you are not planning to work on your application in one sitting, put your answers in a Word document. You may submit your completed application at any time before the deadline. If any of this presents a problem for you, let one of the ten Big Sib Chairs know as soon as possible.
All applications must be submitted by Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 by 11:59 PM.
Late applications will NOT be accepted!
The application is only the first step in the process of becoming a Big Sib. Those that have exceptional applications will then be given an interview. Please note that not everyone applying will receive an interview. You will be notified of your interview day and time via e-mail. Please be sure to check your email frequently.
Choosing Big Sibs is an extremely difficult process. Last year, nearly 450 people applied for 150 spots. Please understand that although we would like to, we cannot accept everyone into the program, so there will be some disappointment. However, please don't let this dissuade you from applying and instead encourage you to try your best. It's an amazing program and we genuinely encourage you to apply. Good luck to all of you!
If you have ANY questions, do not hesitate to contact us:
Chloe Delfau Leila Storkamp
Olivia Kusio Kevin Li
Benjamin Zhang Charlotte Ruhl
Jean Joun Max Onderdonk
Liam Elkind Aren Tucker
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org